The Puck Stops Here Goaltending
South Florida's #1 Goaltending School
Professional Coaching--Daily Lessons Available
The Goalie Breakfast Club
Coach Brett Schaffer, B.S. Ed.- Head Instructor
-Goaltending Coach of the SPHL's Huntsville Havoc
-Goaltending/Assistant Coach of the FAU Owls
-Florida Jr. Panthers Instructor
- Experience with beginners to the pro's, and everything in between!
The Puck Stops Here is the Official Goaltending School for FAU Men's Ice Hockey(ACHA DIII)
1) If the referee hasn’t already put the pegs in the post, please don’t shoot pucks while your goalie is putting them in.
2) Whatever their pre-game ritual is in the crease, i.e. scratching the crease up with their skates or a quick butterfly stretch in the net, let your goalie do it without pucks flying at their head.
3) Shots in warm-up are meant to allow your goalie to get a feel for the puck and build some confidence and comfort heading into the game. It is NOT meant for you to try out your newest dangle…Instead, get a breakaway and show it off to the opponent’s goaltender; your coach and goalie will appreciate that much more!
4) Because steps 1-3 were likely not followed by the whole team, please don’t shoot pucks at your goaltender’s head when they are turned around getting the pucks from the net.
5) Work your way in from the blue line with your shots, and keep an organized pattern going to prevent the goalie having to deal with two different shots; it won't go well.